Welcome to Stringbabies
'Stringbabies' by Kay Tucker - a great way of teaching young children to enjoy playing the Cello, Viola or Violin well & to sight-read happily!
MMA - Music Master Association. In this category; 'The judging panel are searching for outstanding practice in primary or early years music provision that can be held up as a model on a national scale.'
Stringbabies is our umbrella name for the closely related Cellobabies, Violababies & Violinbabies methods. On this site you can:
- find out more about Stringbabies - see video clips
- find an accredited Stringbabies teacher near you
- purchase our teaching materials [teachers & parents]
- see when you can attend a teacher training day & other events
- learn how to become an accredited Stringbabies teacher
- find out about partnerships for music services and schools - ideal for helping to implement the National Plan for Music Education!
"The children learn so much during Stringbabies’ lessons, both musically and personally. Stringbabies offers potential life changing opportunities for children providing developmental skills at such a young age, through fun and enjoyable activities that encourage children’s personal and social skills, fine motor skills and musical development. I really enjoyed watching the session - it made me feel both humble but also inspired to learn and play an instrument. Keep up this inspirational programme."
About Stringbabies - what is it?
Stringbabies helps younger ones:
- learn to play the cello, viola or violin
- overcome the sight reading barrier
- acquire the very best techniques right from go
- develop singing, rhythmic, composition and aural skills
- really enjoy themselves in the process
Stringbabies Teaching Materials
There are two Stringbabies manuals for each instrument:
- Teacher & Parent's book
- Pupil's workbook
Discover how easy it is to teach Stringbabies and why it is so effective!
You can purchase the books on this website [via PayPal].
Find a Stringbabies Teacher
Want to see if there is a Stringbabies teacher in your area?
You can look through our up to date list of accredited Stringbabies teachers.
Each teacher has a webpage of their own, giving their biography with photo[s] etc.
Teacher of the hour: Hannah Carter - Cello
District: Haywards Heath, Bolney, Burgess Hill, Uckfield, Maresfield, East Grinstead, Crawley
Our lives are full of music and I passionately believe that we should make music really…
More about Hannah Carter
Partnerships & music services
Stringbabies is being used more and more by music services and music departments in individual schools.
It is an ideal tool for implementing the National Plan for Music Education requirement for teaching musical instruments from age 5.
We will work with you to craft a suitable package for your groups - including in-house training for your teachers and discounts on teaching materials.
Read more about Stringbabies partnerships